Man arrested in August double-homicide in Poconos
TOBYHANNA, Pa. (AP) -September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A suspect has been arrested in the shootings of two men whose bodies were found in a public park in northeastern Pennsylvania.
Pocono Mountain Regional Police say 28-year-old Luis Vasquez killed 55-year-old Bertoldo Velez and 38-year-old Joseph King in a dispute over a debt. Police say they had met at the park to settle the debt, but that Vasquez ended up shooting them.
The three had worked together at an envelope company in Mount Pocono.
A police officer on routine patrol found the bodies at Coolbaugh Township Park around 2:30 a.m. on Aug. 17.
Police say guns linked to the killing were found in Vasquez's home. Vazquez has been denied bail and is being held in Monroe County Correctional Facility. It wasn't immediately clear if he had an attorney.
homicide, poconos, pennsylvania, local/state
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- AccuWeather: Friday Clouds and SE Rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 Phila. schools closed Friday, staff relocated
- How to safeguard your computer against kidnappers
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Police search for missing Philadelphia couple
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Resident return to assess damage from Ewing explosion
- K9 unit leads police to burglary suspect in Medford
- Obama says Crimea separation would violate law
- Upper Darby cop charged with DUI in hit-and-run