Arrest made in Berks, Lehigh broken down car thefts
READING, Pa. - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have caught the man who was stealing broken down cars in Berks and Lancaster Counties.
A total of ten disabled vehicles have been stolen from Route 222 since July. So police from the city of Lancaster left a decoy car as bait.
That bait car led them to Francisco Mercado.
Mercado is a tow truck driver for J&J Towing in Reading. He is now facing theft charges.
Police say the cars were sold for scrap.
berks county, lehigh county, reading, pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys 49 min ago
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours 25 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Ramsey speaks on police involved deadly shootings 44 min ago
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa. 46 min ago
- Baby, man injured in SEPTA bus accident
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina 42 min ago
- Bus co. mistake disrupts kids' DC field trip
- Student and teacher shocked at Voorhees school
- 2 arrested for stealing tractor in Franklin Township
- New details released in NJ liquor swapping
- SEPTA announces fare hikes
- Down At The Shore
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
46 min ago