Arrest made in Berks, Lehigh broken down car thefts
READING, Pa. - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have caught the man who was stealing broken down cars in Berks and Lancaster Counties.
A total of ten disabled vehicles have been stolen from Route 222 since July. So police from the city of Lancaster left a decoy car as bait.
That bait car led them to Francisco Mercado.
Mercado is a tow truck driver for J&J Towing in Reading. He is now facing theft charges.
Police say the cars were sold for scrap.
berks county, lehigh county, reading, pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 16 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 45 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 37 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 1 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
1 min ago