Arrest made in Berks, Lehigh broken down car thefts
READING, Pa. - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say they have caught the man who was stealing broken down cars in Berks and Lancaster Counties.
A total of ten disabled vehicles have been stolen from Route 222 since July. So police from the city of Lancaster left a decoy car as bait.
That bait car led them to Francisco Mercado.
Mercado is a tow truck driver for J&J Towing in Reading. He is now facing theft charges.
Police say the cars were sold for scrap.
berks county, lehigh county, reading, pennsylvania, theft, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands