Man shot in the back in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a man Friday morning in South Philadelphia.
Shots rang out shortly before 9:00 a.m. in the vicinity of 15th and Catharine streets in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood.
The 36-year-old victim was found nearby at the corner of 18th and Fitzwater streets, having sustained a gunshot wound to the lower back.
He was transported to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
There is no word on what touched off the violence, but police say they are looking for multiple suspects.
The shooting happened just a block from the Universal Institute Charter School.
School officials said no students or staffers were injured and classes were not interrupted.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, graduate hospital, shooting, local/state
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect 48 min ago
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Investigators chasing 'every angle' on missing jet
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- Are store credit cards worth the discount? 14 min ago
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
48 min ago