Man shot in the back in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a man Friday morning in South Philadelphia.
Shots rang out shortly before 9:00 a.m. in the vicinity of 15th and Catharine streets in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood.
The 36-year-old victim was found nearby at the corner of 18th and Fitzwater streets, having sustained a gunshot wound to the lower back.
He was transported to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
There is no word on what touched off the violence, but police say they are looking for multiple suspects.
The shooting happened just a block from the Universal Institute Charter School.
School officials said no students or staffers were injured and classes were not interrupted.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, graduate hospital, shooting, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police