Man shot in the back in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the shooting of a man Friday morning in South Philadelphia.
Shots rang out shortly before 9:00 a.m. in the vicinity of 15th and Catharine streets in the Graduate Hospital neighborhood.
The 36-year-old victim was found nearby at the corner of 18th and Fitzwater streets, having sustained a gunshot wound to the lower back.
He was transported to Hahnemann Hospital where he is listed in stable condition.
There is no word on what touched off the violence, but police say they are looking for multiple suspects.
The shooting happened just a block from the Universal Institute Charter School.
School officials said no students or staffers were injured and classes were not interrupted.
south philadelphia, philadelphia, graduate hospital, shooting, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ