Reading police officer injured in school brawl
READING, Pa. - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police officer was injured while attempting to break up a brawl inside a high school in Reading, Berks County Friday morning.
A call went out around 9:00 a.m. for all available officers after reports of a large fight inside the Delaware Valley High School, a school for students with behavioral problems.
Officers arrived at the school on Margaret Street and attempted to break up the fight. While intervening, a police officer suffered a cut from a razor. He was treated for the injury at the scene.
Several students were taken into police custody, though there is no word on if they will face charges.
This past March the same school made headlines when video surfaced of a brawl on a crowded school bus.
At the time, one student told Action News that bus rides to and from class had been growing increasingly hostile as more kids from Reading High were being transferred to Delaware Valley High School.
When we reached out to Reading School District officials about the bus incident, they directed our calls to Delaware Valley High School. However shortly after arriving at Delaware Valley High, a man quickly kicked Action News off the school property.
Information about today's incident was provided by WFMZ.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, fight, school, police, local/state
- 2 dead in Pennsauken doctor's office shooting ID'd 6 min ago
- Stormy to spectacular 51 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Paraplegic man castrated in SW Phila. attack
- Police: Girl used in theft at Phila. nail salon
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps 10 min ago
- Teacher charged again for indecent exposure
- Construction worker killed on way to job
- US: Unruly traveler had worked at State Department
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud 6 min ago
- Man accused of sexual relationship with teen niece
- $325,000 Cash 5 ticket sold in Philadelphia 8 min ago
- Phillies activate Carlos Ruiz from disabled list
- Stormy to spectacular
51 min ago
- 2 sought in Rehoboth Beach credit card fraud
6 min ago
- Chrysler recalls 2.7 million Jeeps
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos