Woman arrested for stealing $3 million porcelain bust
BRYN MAWR, Pa. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was arrested for stealing a $3 million porcelain bust of Benjamin Franklin from a home in Lower Merion.
Police say Andrea Lawton stole the rare item back in August from a residence in Bryn Mawr.
The FBI took Lawton into custody in Maryland and State Police assisted with the arrest.
The bust, estimated to be worth more than $3 million, was recovered and sustained some damage.
Charges are pending and Lawton is due to make her first court appearance on Monday.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, theft, burglary, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ 10 min ago
- Winter's Last Blast 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City 35 min ago
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware 57 min ago
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Mike Schmidt reveals skin cancer battle
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Malaysian police examine pilot's flight simulator
- Crimeans vote to leave Ukraine, join Russia
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash
- Winter's Last Blast
36 min ago
- Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
35 min ago
- Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
57 min ago