Woman arrested for stealing $3 million porcelain bust
BRYN MAWR, Pa. - August 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was arrested for stealing a $3 million porcelain bust of Benjamin Franklin from a home in Lower Merion.
Police say Andrea Lawton stole the rare item back in August from a residence in Bryn Mawr.
The FBI took Lawton into custody in Maryland and State Police assisted with the arrest.
The bust, estimated to be worth more than $3 million, was recovered and sustained some damage.
Charges are pending and Lawton is due to make her first court appearance on Monday.
pennsylvania, montgomery county, theft, burglary, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Overnight Snow Showers South
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Gunman kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- NASA orders urgent spacewalk repairs at station