Pa. crossing guard accused of being drunk on the job
SHARPSBURG, Pa. - September 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania school crossing guard is accused of walking children across a street while she was drunk.
Witnesses in the borough of Sharpsburg say 51-year-old Patricia Gross appeared to be intoxicated on the job so they called police.
Officers say they later found Gross passed out on a porch, allegedly with a bottle of Vodka next to her.
Parents and area residents were equally surprised by the news.
"Kind of shocked like wow! I can't believe that she would do that while she's responsible for other people's children," said Tracy Kelly.
"I think it's a shame. She's a nice lady but how can you watch kids and be drinking at the same time," said Nikki Stock.
Gross is due in court next week to face charges, including endangering the welfare of children.
She is also expected to be fired from her crossing guard job.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 27 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 11 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 52 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 36 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 52 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 25 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 10 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
25 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
47 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos