1 dead, 2 injured in Gloucester Twp. crash
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say a man was driving drunk when his car crashed on a southern New Jersey highway, killing a passenger and injuring himself and another person.The driver, 30-year-old Monte Brown of Williamstown, may face additional charges in the crash, which occurred around 5:25 p.m. Saturday on Route 42 in Gloucester Township, near the Atlantic City Expressway.
Itay Massoquoi, a 29-year-old Williamstown resident who was riding in the backseat, was partially ejected from the vehicle after it spun out of control and hit some trees before overturning. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Brown and 36-year-old Anita Saunders of Clayton were both hospitalized with undisclosed injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
accident, camden county, new jersey, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Easter Sunshine Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Elderly man struck, killed in Rhawnhurst
- Sex assault on West Chester University campus
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Crimefighters: Reward in Camden drive-thru murder
- Divers pull more bodies from South Korean ferry
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police