Woman charged in Del. deli robbery
SEAFORD, Del. - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police have arrested and charged a 22-year-old woman in connection with an armed robbery at a Sussex County deli.
Police say at approximately 5:10 p.m. Saturday the suspect, later identified as Kylee Davis of Bridgeville, and a man entered the Middleford Deli on Middleford Road.
Davis and the male suspect approached the counter and confronted two female employees.
Authorities say Davis produced a knife and pointed at the female employees demanding money from the cash register. The victims complied and turned over an undisclosed amount of cash.
Davis and the male fled the deli and entered a Chevrolet Trailblazer, with Davis behind the wheel.
The victims were able to obtain the vehicle description and tag number and provided the information to responding officers.
Troopers began checking the area for the suspect vehicle and located it unoccupied on Mill Park Drive in the Coverdale community.
After further investigation Troopers were able to locate Davis on foot in the area, and were able to connect her to the armed robbery.
She was taken into custody without incident and charged with Robbery First Degree, Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony, Aggravated Menacing, Conspiracy Second Degree, and Terroristic Threatening
Davis was committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $15,000 Secured Bond.
Troopers are still searching and attempting to identify the male suspect.
If anyone has any information in reference to this incident, they are asked to contact Troop 4 at 302-856-5850 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com
No injuries were reported in the robbery.
delaware, sussex county, robbery, local/state
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days 29 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 46 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river 36 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 13 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- 5.7-magnitude quake felt across northern California 13 min ago
- Emergency landing causes delays at Heathrow 10 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- 3rd Phila. police-involved shooting in 2 days
29 min ago
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident
46 min ago
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in...
13 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
36 min ago