Woman charged in Del. deli robbery
SEAFORD, Del. - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Delaware State Police have arrested and charged a 22-year-old woman in connection with an armed robbery at a Sussex County deli.
Police say at approximately 5:10 p.m. Saturday the suspect, later identified as Kylee Davis of Bridgeville, and a man entered the Middleford Deli on Middleford Road.
Davis and the male suspect approached the counter and confronted two female employees.
Authorities say Davis produced a knife and pointed at the female employees demanding money from the cash register. The victims complied and turned over an undisclosed amount of cash.
Davis and the male fled the deli and entered a Chevrolet Trailblazer, with Davis behind the wheel.
The victims were able to obtain the vehicle description and tag number and provided the information to responding officers.
Troopers began checking the area for the suspect vehicle and located it unoccupied on Mill Park Drive in the Coverdale community.
After further investigation Troopers were able to locate Davis on foot in the area, and were able to connect her to the armed robbery.
She was taken into custody without incident and charged with Robbery First Degree, Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony, Aggravated Menacing, Conspiracy Second Degree, and Terroristic Threatening
Davis was committed to the Sussex Correctional Institution on $15,000 Secured Bond.
Troopers are still searching and attempting to identify the male suspect.
If anyone has any information in reference to this incident, they are asked to contact Troop 4 at 302-856-5850 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333. Information may also be provided via the internet at www.tipsubmit.com
No injuries were reported in the robbery.
delaware, sussex county, robbery, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 5 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 2 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Fire forces several residents from Logan apartments 56 min ago
- Delco man missing after leaving medical facility
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ 9 min ago
- Lehigh University suspends frat in vandalism case
- All-clear given after Liberty H.S. lockdown
- Ferry sinks off South Korea; hundreds still missing
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man
- Video: Rare fish found off Delaware River
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
2 min ago
- Fire forces several residents from Logan...
56 min ago
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
5 min ago