Police: 2 men arrested while trying to steal car
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police say two men were arrested as they tried to steal a car outside a Wilmington-area apartment complex.
Police say an officer on patrol spotted a man's legs dangling out of a car early Saturday morning at the Woodfield apartment complex. The officer ordered that man and another man to leave the car and noticed that the dashboard underneath the steering column had been ripped open, with electrical wires exposed.
Police say neither of the men had a key for the vehicle. Jonathan Kamara of Wilmington and Dylan Royle of Elsmere, both 20 years old, were arrested and charged with attempted auto theft and conspiracy. Both have been released on bail.
delaware, wilmington, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book