Police: 2 men arrested while trying to steal car
WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police say two men were arrested as they tried to steal a car outside a Wilmington-area apartment complex.
Police say an officer on patrol spotted a man's legs dangling out of a car early Saturday morning at the Woodfield apartment complex. The officer ordered that man and another man to leave the car and noticed that the dashboard underneath the steering column had been ripped open, with electrical wires exposed.
Police say neither of the men had a key for the vehicle. Jonathan Kamara of Wilmington and Dylan Royle of Elsmere, both 20 years old, were arrested and charged with attempted auto theft and conspiracy. Both have been released on bail.
delaware, wilmington, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 52 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 58 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 6 min ago
- 2 dead, others missing in NYC building explosion 3 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 12 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
4 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
12 min ago