MontCo hiker stages Occupy inspired event
PHILADELPHIA - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County man once held captive in Iran is marking one year since his newfound freedom.
Joshua Fattal held an "Occupy" inspired event in New York yesterday.
The 30-year-old from Elkins Park and his two friends were taken into custody on a hiking trip.
They spent two years in captivity because officials in Iran thought they were spies.
"I'm feeling really good, I mean obviously I'm just feeling good, but it's not easy to transition. It's really not easy. A lot of people experience trauma, but mine was very prolonged, systematic, enduring trauma and it's hard to come out of that," Fattal said.
Fattal and the other hikers are working on a tell-all book to be released next year.
pennsylvania, new york, iran, montgomery county, local/state
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more 29 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Missing Philadelphia couple found safe
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett to announce Vatican trip
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Shots fired into a Philadelphia firehouse
- Retired Philly cop charged with assaulting teen
- Police: Gloucester Co. woman's death a homicide
- Video: Secret Oreo cookie recipe sold to China
- Photos: Wedding of cop, teacher at Flower Show
- Video: Obama misspells "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" in Aretha...