MontCo hiker stages Occupy inspired event
PHILADELPHIA - September 23, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Montgomery County man once held captive in Iran is marking one year since his newfound freedom.
Joshua Fattal held an "Occupy" inspired event in New York yesterday.
The 30-year-old from Elkins Park and his two friends were taken into custody on a hiking trip.
They spent two years in captivity because officials in Iran thought they were spies.
"I'm feeling really good, I mean obviously I'm just feeling good, but it's not easy to transition. It's really not easy. A lot of people experience trauma, but mine was very prolonged, systematic, enduring trauma and it's hard to come out of that," Fattal said.
Fattal and the other hikers are working on a tell-all book to be released next year.
pennsylvania, new york, iran, montgomery county, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting 37 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere 23 min ago
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs