Woman killed, 2 people hurt in southern N.J. crash
GLOUCESTER TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) -September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police say a man was driving drunk when his car crashed on a southern New Jersey highway, killing a passenger and injuring himself and another person.
The driver, 30-year-old Monte Brown of Williamstown, may face additional charges in the crash, which occurred around 5:25 p.m. Saturday on Route 42 in Gloucester Township, near the Atlantic City Expressway.
Itay Massoquoi, a 29-year-old Williamstown resident who was riding in the backseat, was partially ejected from the vehicle after it spun out of control and hit some trees before overturning. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
Brown and 36-year-old Anita Saunders of Clayton were both hospitalized with undisclosed injuries that were not considered life-threatening.
No other vehicles were involved in the accident.
new jersey, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book