3 IUP players arrested for marijuana possession
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three members of the Indiana University of Pennsylvania football team have been charged with possessing marijuana with intent to deliver after their off-campus apartment was raided.
University spokeswoman Michelle Fryling has said the status of the players at the school and on the team has yet to be determined.
Police in Indiana borough, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, arrested the players after allegedly finding the drugs in their apartment about 1:30 a.m. Sunday. The team had just lost to rival California University of Pennsylvania, 26-24, the previous afternoon.
Online court records don't list attorneys for the players who police identified as 21-year-old De-Antwan Williams, 22-year-old Jerrel McFadden and 20-year-old Errol Brewster.
Brewster is from Silver Spring, Md. Williams is from Woodbridge, Va. and McFadden from Manassas, Va.
marijuana, college, pennsylvania, local/state
- Mug shot released of McNabb after Ariz. arrest 26 min ago
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Brandywine Park flasher surrenders
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist 55 min ago
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 47 min ago
- Reward offered in poisoning of puppy
- 1 dead in cement truck, car crash in Levittown
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- Mom surrenders after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 11 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3...
11 min ago