3 IUP players arrested for marijuana possession
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three members of the Indiana University of Pennsylvania football team have been charged with possessing marijuana with intent to deliver after their off-campus apartment was raided.
University spokeswoman Michelle Fryling has said the status of the players at the school and on the team has yet to be determined.
Police in Indiana borough, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, arrested the players after allegedly finding the drugs in their apartment about 1:30 a.m. Sunday. The team had just lost to rival California University of Pennsylvania, 26-24, the previous afternoon.
Online court records don't list attorneys for the players who police identified as 21-year-old De-Antwan Williams, 22-year-old Jerrel McFadden and 20-year-old Errol Brewster.
Brewster is from Silver Spring, Md. Williams is from Woodbridge, Va. and McFadden from Manassas, Va.
marijuana, college, pennsylvania, local/state
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected 37 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Man dies in fast-moving blaze in Talleyville
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera 53 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Video: Christmas tree comes to life in school prank
- Target confirms breach; up to 40M affected
37 min ago
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught...
53 min ago