3 IUP players arrested for marijuana possession
INDIANA, Pa. (AP) - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Three members of the Indiana University of Pennsylvania football team have been charged with possessing marijuana with intent to deliver after their off-campus apartment was raided.
University spokeswoman Michelle Fryling has said the status of the players at the school and on the team has yet to be determined.
Police in Indiana borough, about 45 miles northeast of Pittsburgh, arrested the players after allegedly finding the drugs in their apartment about 1:30 a.m. Sunday. The team had just lost to rival California University of Pennsylvania, 26-24, the previous afternoon.
Online court records don't list attorneys for the players who police identified as 21-year-old De-Antwan Williams, 22-year-old Jerrel McFadden and 20-year-old Errol Brewster.
Brewster is from Silver Spring, Md. Williams is from Woodbridge, Va. and McFadden from Manassas, Va.
marijuana, college, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
- Spotty, Drenching Downpours
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- I-5 bridge collapses in Washington
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Armed robber steals $800 from Northeast Philadelphia bank
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets year of free McDonald's