Body of Berks Co. murder victim ID'd
CUMRU TWP., Pa. - September 24, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators have identified the man whose body was found on a trail in Cumru Township.
The man, who police say is a murder victim, is identified as 41-year-old Luis E. Salas-Ramos.
The discovery was made along the Thun Trail just off Route 724 on Sunday at 6:45 a.m.
The victim had been residing in the 400 block of South 4th Street in Reading.
Police say Salas-Ramos had recently moved to Reading, prior to that he resided in Puerto Rico, Lancaster, Pa. and York, Pa.
It was reported that the victim was known to frequent two bars near his home - the Silver Dollar Bar and the Puerto Rican Club.
Officials have ruled the death a homicide due to gunshot wounds.
At the time of his death the victim was wearing a red sweatshirt with yellow lettering which reads, "Do I look like a people person?"
The Berks County District Attorney's Office and the Reading Police Department are assisting with the investigation.
Anyone with information which may help the investigation should call Cumru Township Police at 610-777-9595 or Crime Alert Berks County at 877-373-9913.
pennsylvania, berks county, shooting, body found, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases