Woman rescued from fiery crash in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was rescued from a crash just moments before the car burst into flames in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The accident happened around 2:00 a.m. in the 5300 block of Wynnefield Avenue.
Police say the 19-year-old driver lost control of her car and crashed into a tree.
The car burst into flames, trapping the woman inside.
She was extricated from the car with head and neck injuries and taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
accident, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1