Woman rescued from fiery crash in Wynnefield
WYNNEFIELD - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A woman was rescued from a crash just moments before the car burst into flames in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia early Tuesday morning.
The accident happened around 2:00 a.m. in the 5300 block of Wynnefield Avenue.
Police say the 19-year-old driver lost control of her car and crashed into a tree.
The car burst into flames, trapping the woman inside.
She was extricated from the car with head and neck injuries and taken to the hospital in stable condition.
Police are investigating.
accident, wynnefield, philadelphia, local/state
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 30 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 15 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 45 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys 55 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Employee injured, suspect wanted in Hatfield robbery 6 min ago
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
30 min ago