Pa. man gets life in burned prostitute death
PITTSBURGH (AP) -September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pittsburgh man will spend the rest of his life in prison for raping and strangling a homeless prostitute and setting her body on fire.
Thirty-year-old Nathan Henry Williams was facing a mandatory life sentence when he appeared before an Allegheny County judge Monday in the August 2011 killing of 57-year-old Elaina Davis.
Davis' body was found in a weedy lot in the city's Hill District. Authorities say Williams raped her and strangled her with a shoelace before setting her body on fire. DNA evidence linked Williams to the rape and the shoelace.
Williams maintains his innocence and in a letter to the court blames his public defender for failing to fight the charges the way he wanted.
sentencing, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 7 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker 16 min ago
- Couple accused of letting 2-year-old smoke pot
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
29 min ago