NJ earring bandit caught on camera stealing $27K
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Gloucester Township, N.J. are looking for a bold jewelry bandit caught on camera stealing thousands of dollars worth of earrings.
RELATED: Watch the surveillance video
It happened Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. at the Kmart store on Blackwood Clementon Road.
Police say the man walked up to the jewelry counter with a shopping cart, cut the security cable on a spinning jewelry display case filled with gold earrings, loaded the display case into the cart and walked out of the store.
The stolen earrings are worth an estimated $27,000.
The whole thing was caught on camera.
Police are looking for a black man who was wearing a Polo Ralph Lauren bucket hat, sunglasses and dark shirt and jeans.
If you recognize the man in the surveillance video or have any information about the theft, you are asked to call the township's Anonymous Crime Tip Line at 856-842-5560.
You can also contact Gloucester Township Police directly at 856-228-4500, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
new jersey, robbery, jewelry, gloucester county, kmart, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos