NJ earring bandit caught on camera stealing $27K
GLOUCESTER TWP., N.J. - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Gloucester Township, N.J. are looking for a bold jewelry bandit caught on camera stealing thousands of dollars worth of earrings.
RELATED: Watch the surveillance video
It happened Sunday morning at 11:00 a.m. at the Kmart store on Blackwood Clementon Road.
Police say the man walked up to the jewelry counter with a shopping cart, cut the security cable on a spinning jewelry display case filled with gold earrings, loaded the display case into the cart and walked out of the store.
The stolen earrings are worth an estimated $27,000.
The whole thing was caught on camera.
Police are looking for a black man who was wearing a Polo Ralph Lauren bucket hat, sunglasses and dark shirt and jeans.
If you recognize the man in the surveillance video or have any information about the theft, you are asked to call the township's Anonymous Crime Tip Line at 856-842-5560.
You can also contact Gloucester Township Police directly at 856-228-4500, or by email at email@example.com .
new jersey, robbery, jewelry, gloucester county, kmart, local/state
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 16 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm 17 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 4 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead 13 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- South Jersey business burglar caught on camera 15 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 11 min ago
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures