Gold Alert issued for missing Wilmington man
WILMINGTON - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- New Castle County police have issued a Gold Alert for a missing Wilmington man.
39-year-old Gary Gleason of the 100 block of Reamer Avenue in the community of Richardson Park has not been seen since he left his home on foot earlier this afternoon.
At 2:15 p.m., a family member reported Gleason missing after he fled from his residence.
Police say Gleason stated to family members he was headed to a wooded area, but the exact location is not known.
Officers and a K-9 unit searched the surrounding area, but were unable to locate Gleason.
Police say Gleason's exact destination is unknown and his medical status is such that there is a real concern for his welfare.
Gleason is described as a white male, 5'10, 250 pounds, with short (shaved) black hair, brown eyes, a full beard and mustache that is kept short.
He was last seen wearing a Harley Davidson hooded sweatshirt, jeans and white sneakers.
Anyone with information regarding his whereabouts, should call the New Castle County Police Department at (302) 573-2800 or visit our website at www.nccpd.com or call Crime Stoppers at (800) TIP-3333.
delaware, wilmington, missing person, local/state
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing 34 min ago
- Officer shoots, kills Lancaster County man
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Police investigate tire slashings in South Philadelphia
- 3 rescued after car plunges into Delaware pond
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ