8 families displaced in Chinatown building evacuation
CHINATOWN - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eight families have been displaced after a building defect was discovered in Philadelphia's Chinatown section.
The incident took place around 8:00 p.m. at 12th and Race streets.
Officials tell Action News the discovery of a crack on the exterior façade of a 4-story apartment building resulted in evacuations.
Those evacuated were temporarily relocated to the Philadelphia Convention Center.
Representatives with Philadelphia's License and Inspections have been notified and are responding.
Initial reports are the building has no history of faults with L & I.
The Red Cross says at least 22 people have been displaced and the landlord will be putting them up at a local hotel.
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students 40 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 40 min ago
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 47 min ago
- Person injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 15 min ago
- Police in standoff at home in Uwchlan Twp. 22 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Accused Craigslist robber charged with murdering accomplice
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos