8 families displaced in Chinatown building evacuation
CHINATOWN - September 25, 2012 (WPVI) -- Eight families have been displaced after a building defect was discovered in Philadelphia's Chinatown section.
The incident took place around 8:00 p.m. at 12th and Race streets.
Officials tell Action News the discovery of a crack on the exterior façade of a 4-story apartment building resulted in evacuations.
Those evacuated were temporarily relocated to the Philadelphia Convention Center.
Representatives with Philadelphia's License and Inspections have been notified and are responding.
Initial reports are the building has no history of faults with L & I.
The Red Cross says at least 22 people have been displaced and the landlord will be putting them up at a local hotel.
- 3 children rescued from Southwest Phila. house fire 27 min ago
- Windy And Cool
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Philadelphia man arrested for firing shots at police 26 min ago
- Fire forces evacuation of N. Phila. high-rise apt.
- Police investigate 2 robberies in Montgomery Co.
- Police seek suspect in Olney sex assault
- Police: Woman who hit teen was DUI, reading text
- Deadly crash on I-295 in Mercer County, N.J.
- Tractor trailer crash jams traffic in Chesco
- Philadelphia man sentenced in shaken baby death
- 4 men sought in West Philadelphia armed robbery
- No quick fix for downed bridge on holiday weekend
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos