House fire in Pike Creek, Delaware ruled accidental
PIKE CREEK, Del. - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire investigators have ruled Wednesday's house fire in Pike Creek accidental.
The blaze broke out after 11:00 a.m. at a home in the 5500 block of East Timberview Court in the Skyline Ridge neighborhood.
Crews from the Mill Creek Fire Company arrived to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the home.
They were able to gain the upper hand in less than half an hour.
Investigators from the Delaware State Fire Marshal's office say the fire started in a wood stove in the basement and burned up the wall into the roof and attic.
No one was injured in the blaze. The residents of the home are staying with relatives.
Damage to the home is estimated at $10,000.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 4 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?