House fire in Pike Creek, Delaware ruled accidental
PIKE CREEK, Del. - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire investigators have ruled Wednesday's house fire in Pike Creek accidental.
The blaze broke out after 11:00 a.m. at a home in the 5500 block of East Timberview Court in the Skyline Ridge neighborhood.
Crews from the Mill Creek Fire Company arrived to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the home.
They were able to gain the upper hand in less than half an hour.
Investigators from the Delaware State Fire Marshal's office say the fire started in a wood stove in the basement and burned up the wall into the roof and attic.
No one was injured in the blaze. The residents of the home are staying with relatives.
Damage to the home is estimated at $10,000.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay 46 min ago
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish