House fire in Pike Creek, Delaware ruled accidental
PIKE CREEK, Del. - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Fire investigators have ruled Wednesday's house fire in Pike Creek accidental.
The blaze broke out after 11:00 a.m. at a home in the 5500 block of East Timberview Court in the Skyline Ridge neighborhood.
Crews from the Mill Creek Fire Company arrived to find heavy fire and smoke coming from the home.
They were able to gain the upper hand in less than half an hour.
Investigators from the Delaware State Fire Marshal's office say the fire started in a wood stove in the basement and burned up the wall into the roof and attic.
No one was injured in the blaze. The residents of the home are staying with relatives.
Damage to the home is estimated at $10,000.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 39 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 20 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
57 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
39 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
20 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos