Gifts stolen from tent at Bucks Co. wedding
SPRINGFIELD TWP., Pa. - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating the theft of thousands of dollars worth of wedding gifts from the site of a wedding in Bucks County.
"Forever I'll be thinking about the reception and how great it was and then just remember this tragedy at the end," said Amy Wright.
Amy, 30, and Jason Wright, 31, of Pipersville, Pa. had the perfect wedding Saturday on a friend's bucolic farm on Gruversville Road in Richlandtown, Pa.
Amy arrived in a carriage, they said their vows and had a great reception surrounded by family and friends.
But the couple woke up around 7:30 a.m. Sunday to find someone had stolen all their gifts: $10,000 worth of cash and presents left out under a tent.
"There's big gift boxes, there was a table full of things," said Jason. "It wasn't just 'Grab something and run.' It had to be a number of people or they took multiple trips."
Jason and Amy were sleeping in a house just 20 yards away.
"I just felt so violated, not only for myself and Jason but all of our family," said Amy. "It's so creepy to think someone would do that to someone on such a joyous day."
The couple began searching the property. But all they found, floating in a pond, were the soaked remnants of a couple of wedding cards.
"Torn open and all the stuff was removed from out of them," said Amy.
The couple called police. And then they had to call over 100 guests to find out exactly what they'd given them so they'd know what was stolen.
"I feel more sorry for the people who put their time and effort and hard-earned money into picking them out and getting them," said Jason. "But at this point it's strictly principle. Like she said, we feel so violated we just want them caught."
"To steal presents at a wedding in my mind is about as low as you can go," said family friend Pat Raynock, who owns a farm nearby.
Pennsylvania State Police are investigating. And Jason's father is offering a $1000 reward for information leading to the thieves' capture.
Anyone with information about the theft is asked to call PSP Dublin Station, Tpr Stephen Zicker at 215-249-9191.
pennsylvania, bucks county, theft, local/state, nora muchanic
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 27 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air 17 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 11 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire 31 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion 31 min ago
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel 31 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp....
27 min ago
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
31 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
31 min ago
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
17 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos