Police: Missing NJ woman in danger, boyfriend sought
VINELAND, N.J. - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Vineland, New Jersey say they consider a missing woman to be in danger as they also search for her boyfriend.
Investigators say Flavia Baustista, 19, disappeared after a domestic disturbance between her and her 25-year-old boyfriend, Francisco Mayoral-Bautista (no relation).
Bautista was last seen at 6:30 a.m. Monday at a friend's house in the 500 block of South West Boulevard.
When her friends returned home from work at 4:00 p.m., police say they found a broken window with drops of blood on it. Police say there was also blood inside the living room, leading to the back door of the house.
Investigators believe Bautista did not leave the home voluntarily.
One neighbor said she is worried for Bautista's safety.
"She sometimes came here to use the phone and she came with bruises," said Ramona Vargas, who said those bruises were from her boyfriend.
Vineland Police say they were called to the same house the previous night for a domestic disturbance.
Police have issued an arrest warrant for Francisco Mayoral-Bautista on assault charges. As for Bautista's disapperance, police said he is a 'person of interest.'
"We'd like to speak to him but, really, we'd like to make sure she is okay. If we find her and she's okay, maybe she can explain the whole thing and everything can come to light," said Detective Sgt. Christopher Brunetta of the Vineland Police Department.
Mayoral-Bautista may be driving a black 2-door Hyundai Tiburon with North Carolina plates.
Anyone with information can call the Vineland Police Department at 856-691-4111, ext. 4155. You can also text your tip to 847411, keyword VPDTIP or go online toTIP411.com.
new jersey, cumberland county, missing person, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 46 min ago
- Temps Soar 5 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- Car plunges into lake in Vineland, victims ID'd
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport 6 min ago
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Photos: Pictures of the Pa. Turnpike crash
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
5 min ago
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila...
6 min ago