Police standoff in South Phila. ends peacefully
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A standoff in South Philadelphia has ended peacefully.
The standoff began around 2:00 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of South Chadwick Street.
Police were called for a report of a person screaming inside a home.
Officers arrived but the two people in the home, a male and a female, apparently refused to come out. However, after a brief standoff, police managed to talk the two out.
No one was injured in the incident.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, standoff, local/state
- Police: Missing boy struck by car
- Temps soar above normal 30 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school 49 min ago
- No cheer uniforms for North Philadelphia Aztec squad 37 min ago
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Police: Threat to father used in phone scam
- Stolen cobalt-60 found abandoned in Mexico 52 min ago
- Report: NSA tracks billions of cellphones daily
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Prosecutor: Sex investigation of FSU QB over
- Photos: 6abc at Q102 Jingle Ball 2013
- Video: 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting 46 min ago
- 20th annual Phila. holiday tree lighting
46 min ago
- Firefighters battle Hunting Park blaze
41 min ago
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
49 min ago