Police standoff in South Phila. ends peacefully
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- A standoff in South Philadelphia has ended peacefully.
The standoff began around 2:00 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of South Chadwick Street.
Police were called for a report of a person screaming inside a home.
Officers arrived but the two people in the home, a male and a female, apparently refused to come out. However, after a brief standoff, police managed to talk the two out.
No one was injured in the incident.
The names of those involved have not been released.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, standoff, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- Fire engulfs new high-rise apartment in Calif.
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases