Woman shot in face in Newark, Del.
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark say a woman is in critical condition after being shot in the face.
Newark police responded to a report of a shooting in the 200 block of Witherspoon Land on Friday evening. Officers found the woman in the living room of the home with a single gunshot wound to the face.
The woman, who is not being identified, was taken to a hospital.
Police believe that the victim knows her attacker. They're asking for anyone with information to call the police department.
shooting, newark, delaware, local/state
- 7-alarm fire destroys homes in Sea Isle City
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested 48 min ago
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?