Woman shot in face in Newark, Del.
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark say a woman is in critical condition after being shot in the face.
Newark police responded to a report of a shooting in the 200 block of Witherspoon Land on Friday evening. Officers found the woman in the living room of the home with a single gunshot wound to the face.
The woman, who is not being identified, was taken to a hospital.
Police believe that the victim knows her attacker. They're asking for anyone with information to call the police department.
shooting, newark, delaware, local/state
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer 43 min ago
- A Nice Stretch
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport 6 min ago
- Wilmington boy reported missing found safe 18 min ago
- Traffic stop turns violent, police shoot suspect
- Friends mourn NJ doctor killed in murder-suicide
- Collapse committee to hold first meeting today
- Maple syrup used to vandalize Pottstown church
- Award-winning journalist Michael Hastings dies
- Death investigation leads police to home of Patriots TE
- FBI hunt for ex-Teamster boss Hoffa's remains ends 55 min ago
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old? 18 min ago