Woman shot in face in Newark, Del.
NEWARK, Del. (AP) - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Newark say a woman is in critical condition after being shot in the face.
Newark police responded to a report of a shooting in the 200 block of Witherspoon Land on Friday evening. Officers found the woman in the living room of the home with a single gunshot wound to the face.
The woman, who is not being identified, was taken to a hospital.
Police believe that the victim knows her attacker. They're asking for anyone with information to call the police department.
shooting, newark, delaware, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 7 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth 27 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty 22 min ago
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 20 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings 12 min ago
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Uwchlan Twp. man arrested following...
45 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos