Police: Homeless man raped unconscious woman in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have charged a man with sexually assaulting a woman who was lying unconscious on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
48-year-old Warren Fitts, who police say is homeless, is charged with rape, sexual assault and related offenses.
It happened before 3:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of the parkway.
Police say Fitts was witnessed having intercourse with a 28-year-old woman who was unconscious.
Sources tell Action news the victim had been drinking heavily prior to the attack.
She was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are now checking to see if Fitts is connected to any other assaults.
philadelphia, rape, sex assault, center city, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 22 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 29 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 16 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
22 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
29 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment
16 min ago