Police: Homeless man raped unconscious woman in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have charged a man with sexually assaulting a woman who was lying unconscious on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
48-year-old Warren Fitts, who police say is homeless, is charged with rape, sexual assault and related offenses.
It happened before 3:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of the parkway.
Police say Fitts was witnessed having intercourse with a 28-year-old woman who was unconscious.
Sources tell Action news the victim had been drinking heavily prior to the attack.
She was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are now checking to see if Fitts is connected to any other assaults.
philadelphia, rape, sex assault, center city, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Sunny and Cooler!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ