Police: Homeless man raped unconscious woman in Center City
PHILADELPHIA - September 26, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police have charged a man with sexually assaulting a woman who was lying unconscious on the Ben Franklin Parkway.
48-year-old Warren Fitts, who police say is homeless, is charged with rape, sexual assault and related offenses.
It happened before 3:00 a.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of the parkway.
Police say Fitts was witnessed having intercourse with a 28-year-old woman who was unconscious.
Sources tell Action news the victim had been drinking heavily prior to the attack.
She was taken to Hahnemann University Hospital in stable condition.
Police are now checking to see if Fitts is connected to any other assaults.
philadelphia, rape, sex assault, center city, local/state
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club 1 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack 8 min ago
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip...
1 min ago