SUV that struck child in Wilmington, Del. caught on camera
WILMINGTON - September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators are examining surveillance video after a 7-year-old was hit by an out-of-control SUV in Wilmington.
The video, recorded by a home surveillance camera on the block where the accident happened, shows the top of the SUV as it sped across a resident's front lawn.
The crash happened at 7:55 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Union Street.
Police say the driver of a Ford Explorer, travelling southbound, lost control of the vehicle and struck a curb.
The SUV continued down the sidewalk, hitting the 7-year-old.
The child was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The driver, a 53-year-old woman, remained at the scene.
Police say an investigation into this crash is ongoing. There was no immediate word if charges would be filed.
delaware, wilmington, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park 1 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia 59 min ago
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos