SUV that struck child in Wilmington, Del. caught on camera
WILMINGTON - September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators are examining surveillance video after a 7-year-old was hit by an out-of-control SUV in Wilmington.
The video, recorded by a home surveillance camera on the block where the accident happened, shows the top of the SUV as it sped across a resident's front lawn.
The crash happened at 7:55 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of North Union Street.
Police say the driver of a Ford Explorer, travelling southbound, lost control of the vehicle and struck a curb.
The SUV continued down the sidewalk, hitting the 7-year-old.
The child was taken to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
The driver, a 53-year-old woman, remained at the scene.
Police say an investigation into this crash is ongoing. There was no immediate word if charges would be filed.
delaware, wilmington, pedestrian struck, local/state
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- 3 frigid days, another weekend storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Woman killed in Germantown was Villanova prof.
- On video: Robber dives thru window, attacks clerk
- Limo driver charged in wreck that killed newlyweds
- Camden man accused of robbing 5 banks in 1 month 2 min ago
- Pa. girl, 18, survives bear attack
- New video shows deadly Asiana jet crash 16 min ago
- Women sentenced in murder of Danny DeGennaro 25 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot climbs; $1M ticket sold in NJ
- Fake deaf interpreter crashes Mandela memorial
- Bedbug fighter recalled over fire hazard