NJ man shot in early morning home invasion
WOODBINE, N.J. - September 27, 2012 (WPVI) -- The search continues for two men who broke into a home and shot a man who was babysitting in Woodbine, New Jersey.
It happened on the 700 block of Jackson Avenue just after 7:00 a.m. Thursday morning.
The victim told police the masked gunmen burst through the back door and shot him in the leg.
His one year old child was with him at the time but wasn't hurt.
"I just can't believe that people are this selfish and cruel that they would even do this with a little baby in the house, and whoever it was, I am sure they knew the baby was there," said the victim's girlfriend Destinee Caffarella.
The man was taken to the hospital for treatment and then released.
It is still not clear why he was targeted.
home invasion, shooting, new jersey, local/state
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area 57 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- School Closings & Delays
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Up to 50 vehicles in deadly PA Turnpike crash
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Nearly 1 foot fo snow in parts of Delaware
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Check local traffic on 6abc.com!
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands 37 min ago
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
57 min ago