Teen firefighter killed in Delaware car crash
SELBYVILLE, Del. (AP) -September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a teenage firefighter was killed in a crash while heading to the Dagsboro Fire Company to answer an emergency brush fire alarm.
State police say 17-year-old Justin Townsend of Dagsboro was killed in the crash Thursday afternoon north of Selbyville. Investigators say Townsend was a passenger in a pickup truck driven by 18-year-old John Morton Jr.
State police say the truck spun on a curve and the vehicle struck a pole and overturned. Townsend was pronounced dead at the scene. Morton was taken to Beebe Hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
accident, teens, delaware, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera 5 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ