Teen firefighter killed in Delaware car crash
SELBYVILLE, Del. (AP) -September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police say a teenage firefighter was killed in a crash while heading to the Dagsboro Fire Company to answer an emergency brush fire alarm.
State police say 17-year-old Justin Townsend of Dagsboro was killed in the crash Thursday afternoon north of Selbyville. Investigators say Townsend was a passenger in a pickup truck driven by 18-year-old John Morton Jr.
State police say the truck spun on a curve and the vehicle struck a pole and overturned. Townsend was pronounced dead at the scene. Morton was taken to Beebe Hospital where he was treated for non-life-threatening injuries and released.
accident, teens, delaware, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 33 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm 11 min ago
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in Norristown 24 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Heavy flames damage Southwest Philadelphia house
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Snow today, heavy at times
33 min ago