Philly Zoo's new addition: $24M parking garage
PHILADELPHIA (AP) - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Zoo is expecting a new addition. No, not a rare baby car or gorilla, but a parking garage zoo officials say is just as important to visitors.
Work is beginning on a new 683-spot parking garage close by the busy Schuylkill Expressway.
The zoo says the garage will nearly double its parking and make it easier for visitors to get off the highway and inside the gates. The project is also expected to improve traffic flow on the expressway where cars exit to reach the zoo.
Officials say the $24 million project is expected to be complete next spring.
philadelphia zoo, animals, philadelphia, local/state
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- SEPTA bus strikes and kills man
- Residents displaced after high-rise fire
- Man freed from under train on Broad Street Line
- NKorea says it deported US tourist and war vet
- Victim ID'd in deadly Wilmington hit-and-run
- Video released in pizza delivery driver shooting
- Mega Million jackpot reaches $297 Million
- Elkins Park sisters treated at KoP by Make-a-Wish