Suspects wanted in Wilmington home burglaries
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating several home burglaries in the Colonial Heights neighborhood of Wilmington, Delaware.
Around 8:50 Friday morning on the unit block of South Ford Avenue, police responded to the report of an attempted burglary.
The resident told police she heard a noise and saw the suspect entering through a window. The woman said he hit the suspect in the face with her cane and he fled.
Officers were already in the area investigating another burglary on the 200 block of South Ford Avenue. In that incident, police were called after a man was spotted running with a television.
Authorities later found the TV on the porch of another home and learned that it was stolen from an area residence.
An investigation in ongoing. No word on the identities of the suspects.
delaware, new castle county, burglary, local/state
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Sign up for Facebook Flash
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Missing boater in Del. River ID'd, search called off
- Armed robbery at Target on Roosevelt Boulevard
- Pedestrian struck, killed by truck in Rhawnhurst
- Good Samaritans help nab alleged purse snatchers
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry