Police officer injured in Chesco apartment fire
SPRING CITY, Pa. - September 28, 2012 (WPVI) -- A police officer who ran into a burning building to make sure everyone got out safely has been hospitalized in Chester County.
The blaze broke out at 7:45 a.m. Friday at an apartment building in the 100 block of Riverside Drive in Spring City.
Firefighters arrived to find fire consuming a second floor apartment.
As crews worked to gain the upper hand, a police officer went door to door to make sure all the residents had gotten out safely.
He was taken to Pottstown Memorial Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation.
There is no word on his condition.
Fire investigators are working to determine what sparked the blaze.
pennsylvania, fire, chester county, police, local/state
- Numbers drawn for $636M Mega Millions jackpot
- Brisk And Cold 4 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 5 min ago
- Fire damages South Philadelphia apartment 13 min ago
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Dramatic video released of violent 7-Eleven robbery
- Coach charged with sexually assaulting 4 more victims
- Woman found murdered in Bethlehem
- 91-year-old man stabbed, robbed in Egg Harbor
- Harvard student charged in campus bomb hoax
- Kevin Hart on stolen computers: I'll be back
- Brisk And Cold
4 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in...
5 min ago