NJ man was carjacked before being beaten, shot
EWING, N.J. (AP) - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say a man who was shot and beaten before being run over by his own car at an apartment complex this week had been carjacked just minutes before he was killed.
But it's still not clear why the assailants killed Jared Littlejohn, a 22-year-old Trenton resident, or if he was targeted. And a cause of death has not been determined.
Authorities say Littlejohn was in a supermarket parking lot when he was carjacked around 3 p.m. Thursday afternoon. His assailants then drove him to the nearby Ewing complex, where he was pushed from the vehicle and beaten before being shot.
The assailants then drove off in Littlejohn's car, running him over as they left. Authorities say the car had not been located as of early Saturday.
carjacking, shooting, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday 46 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown 43 min ago
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door 48 min ago
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
43 min ago
- Kevin Grow suits up with Harlem Globetrotters
54 min ago
- Milder Monday
46 min ago