1 dead after being hit by Amtrak train
COATESVILLE, Pa. - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after being hit by an Amtrak train in Chester County Saturday night.
The accident happened at the Thorndale Train station on Business Route 30 and South Bailey Road in Coatesville just after 6:00 p.m.
No word yet on the circumstances of the accident.
Service was suspended on SEPTA's Paoli line between the Paoli and Thorndale stations during the investigation. Service has since been restored.
amtrak, train accident, coatesville, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ