1 dead after being hit by Amtrak train
COATESVILLE, Pa. - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person is dead after being hit by an Amtrak train in Chester County Saturday night.
The accident happened at the Thorndale Train station on Business Route 30 and South Bailey Road in Coatesville just after 6:00 p.m.
No word yet on the circumstances of the accident.
Service was suspended on SEPTA's Paoli line between the Paoli and Thorndale stations during the investigation. Service has since been restored.
amtrak, train accident, coatesville, pennsylvania, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 12 min ago
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 59 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Firefighters battle 2-alarm fire in Willingboro 31 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
12 min ago