New hospital opens doors, welcomes new baby
EAST NORRITON, Pa. - September 29, 2012 (WPVI) -- The grand opening on the new Einstein Medical Center in Montgomery County was marked with a special arrival Saturday.
Just hours after the $350 million facility opened its doors, the hospital welcomed its first newborn.
Mom Jennifer Autry was one of 34 patients transferred from the now-closed Montgomery Hospital Medical Center Saturday morning.
At 7 pounds 7 ounces, Ann Autry was the first baby delivered at the 360,000 square foot hospital in East Norriton.
"I think everyone can see it's a lot nicer here," said Jennifer Autry.
First time mom Jennifer Autry of Norristown was transferred to Einstein Medical Center Montgomery from the now-closed Montgomery Hospital Medical Center mid-labor on Saturday.
Diarra Mayo was transferred after she gave birth to Qua'dir, the last baby born at Montgomery Hospital.
"I just felt so good coming in here everybody welcomed me in, and everybody was so joyful and happy," said Diarro.
Diarra says it was a quick and comfortable transfer.
Technical experts in green t-shirts were visible on the floor helping the staff of nearly 1,000 employees get adjusted to a new high tech computer system complete with electronic healthcare records and more.
"The latest imaging equipment, pet scan, MRI and nuclear medical cameras," said Beth Duffy.
Chief Operating Officer Beth Duffy says currently 60 percent of people in the area go outside of Montgomery County for medical care, and that is a statistic the high-tech hospital hopes to eager to change.
"We want to be the medical destination for residents of central Montgomery County," she said.
The medical center pledges to provide high quality care to all of its patients, and plans to have a long, bright future in Montgomery County.
hospitals, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry 9 min ago
- Popular chocolate maker reopens in time for Easter
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- Penn State police: 3 posed nude at Nittany shrine
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- 'GMA' promotes Lara Spencer to co-host 8 min ago