Police: DUI driver crashes into beer distributor
TIOGA-NICETOWN - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the driver of a vehicle is facing DUI charges after he crashed into a beer distributor in Tioga-Nicetown.
It happened around 3:30 Sunday morning on the 2200 block of West Allegheny Avenue.
Police tell Action News that the man lost control of his van, jumped the curb and struck the building.
The impact of the crash, caused a nearby gas line to rupture.
Police were forced to shut down the area between 20th and 22nd streets while PGW crews secured the leaking line.
No evacuations or injuries were reported.
The driver was taken into custody by police.
philadelphia, accident, DUI, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target 17 min ago
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media 59 min ago
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus 38 min ago
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- Purse snatcher caught on camera in Montco
- Arrest in stabbing of elderly man in Egg Harbor
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Impact of Sunoco HQ, Citibank leaving Philly
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Photos: Most fascinating people of 2013
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
59 min ago