Police: DUI driver crashes into beer distributor
TIOGA-NICETOWN - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say the driver of a vehicle is facing DUI charges after he crashed into a beer distributor in Tioga-Nicetown.
It happened around 3:30 Sunday morning on the 2200 block of West Allegheny Avenue.
Police tell Action News that the man lost control of his van, jumped the curb and struck the building.
The impact of the crash, caused a nearby gas line to rupture.
Police were forced to shut down the area between 20th and 22nd streets while PGW crews secured the leaking line.
No evacuations or injuries were reported.
The driver was taken into custody by police.
philadelphia, accident, DUI, tioga, nicetown, local/state
- Viewer takes photos of bear in back yard 35 min ago
- A Nice Stretch 39 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Robbery suspect on the loose in Lower Merion 7 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- Computer outage delays travelers at Phila. Airport
- Father, son 'pimps' acquitted after prostitutes testify
- Suspect robs Philadelphia Dunkin' Donuts at gunpoint
- Dolce and Gabbana convicted of tax evasion
- Philly deputy mayor: City not liable for demo sites
- Rollings Stones review: How old is too old?