Attendant shot during Burlco gas station robbery
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A gas station attendant in Burlington County was shot during a robbery.
The Willingboro police responded to an armed robbery at 12:15 a.m. Sunday at the Lukoil gas station on Route 130 and Charleston Road.
Witnesses tell police that two suspects approached the attendant from behind while he was assisting customers; one of the suspects pointed a handgun at the attendant and demanded money.
After the attendant gave the suspects an undetermined amount of cash, police say he was then shot in the leg.
Police say one of the suspects was reportedly also shot during the robbery.
The suspects fled on foot towards Sydney Lane.
The attendant suffered a non-life-threatening injury and was transported to Cooper University Hospital where he was treated and released.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to contact the Willingboro Police Department at 609-877-3001 or call the Citizen Tip Line at 609-877-6958.
new jersey, burlington county, shooting, robbery, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos