Attendant shot during Burlco gas station robbery
WILLINGBORO, N.J. - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- A gas station attendant in Burlington County was shot during a robbery.
The Willingboro police responded to an armed robbery at 12:15 a.m. Sunday at the Lukoil gas station on Route 130 and Charleston Road.
Witnesses tell police that two suspects approached the attendant from behind while he was assisting customers; one of the suspects pointed a handgun at the attendant and demanded money.
After the attendant gave the suspects an undetermined amount of cash, police say he was then shot in the leg.
Police say one of the suspects was reportedly also shot during the robbery.
The suspects fled on foot towards Sydney Lane.
The attendant suffered a non-life-threatening injury and was transported to Cooper University Hospital where he was treated and released.
Anyone with information regarding this robbery is asked to contact the Willingboro Police Department at 609-877-3001 or call the Citizen Tip Line at 609-877-6958.
new jersey, burlington county, shooting, robbery, local/state
- 1 dead, 5 hurt in Trenton drive-by shooting
- Record Warmth! 53 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Crews battle house fire in Elsmere
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- Photos: Snowy owl spotted in Strathmere 44 min ago
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Record Warmth!
53 min ago