2 injured when car strikes pole in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were seriously injured when a car struck a pole in Wilmington.
It happened early Sunday morning at the intersection of 6th and Dupont streets.
Police tell Action News that the driver of a car lost control, striking a utility pole.
The impact of the crash ejected the driver from the vehicle. Firefighters had to extricate the passenger, who was trapped inside.
Both victims were taken to Christiana Hospital in serious condition.
So far no word on how the driver lost control.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student death 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run 4 min ago
- Hunt for missing Malaysian jet widens 37 min ago
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- Pa. Turnpike pileup focus of senate hearing 32 min ago
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures