2 injured when car strikes pole in Wilmington
WILMINGTON - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two people were seriously injured when a car struck a pole in Wilmington.
It happened early Sunday morning at the intersection of 6th and Dupont streets.
Police tell Action News that the driver of a car lost control, striking a utility pole.
The impact of the crash ejected the driver from the vehicle. Firefighters had to extricate the passenger, who was trapped inside.
Both victims were taken to Christiana Hospital in serious condition.
So far no word on how the driver lost control.
delaware, wilmington, accident, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware
- Video: Snow-lovers sled down Art Museum steps
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Phila. students dig out cars stuck in slush
- Video: Widener U. track team helps stuck drivers
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos