Funeral set for Del. teen firefighter killed in crash
SELBYVILLE, Del. - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Funeral arrangements are in place for a teenage firefighter killed in the line of duty in Delaware.
WDEL-AM reports that a viewing for 17-year-old Justin Townsend of Dagsboro will be held Friday, October 5th from 5:00-7:00 p.m. at the Dagsboro Volunteer Fire Department.
A funeral is planned for Saturday, October 6th from 11:00-1:00 p.m. in the Indian River High School auditorium.
Townsend was killed in a crash Thursday afternoon north of Selbyville. At the time of his death he was responding to the fire station for an alarm.
Investigators say Townsend was a passenger in a pickup truck and that the truck spun on a curve, struck a pole and overturned. Townsend was pronounced dead at the scene.
He is the first volunteer firefighter to die in the line of duty in the department's 69-year history.
Information from: WDEL-AM
accident, teens, delaware, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video 37 min ago
- Wet to Wintry!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line 39 min ago
- Moment of silence marks Boston bombings
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon 48 min ago
- Hundreds rescued after ferry sinks near South Korea
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 38 min ago
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught...
37 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish...
39 min ago
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston...
48 min ago