Police: Father, son killed in central NJ crash
MIDDLETOWN, N.J. (AP) - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a father and his young son were killed in a two-vehicle crash in central New Jersey that also left the man's daughter and two other people injured.
Monmouth County prosecutors say a sport utility vehicle and a car collided around 10 a.m. Sunday in Holmdel Township. Thirty-eight-year-old George DiCostanzo of Middletown, who was driving the car, and his 6-year-old son, Christopher, were both killed in the crash.
Three other people - DiCostanzo's 4-year-old daughter, Pearl; the SUV's driver, 44-year-old John McCormack, and his 38-year-old passenger, Stephanie Pavlicek, both of Middletown - were all hospitalized with injuries that are not considered life-threatening. But further details were not disclosed.
The cause of the accident remained under investigation Sunday night.
new jersey, monmouth county, accident, local/state
- Police car crash leads to chase in N. Phila. 19 min ago
- AccuWeather: Lots of clouds, some SE rain
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Phila. police seek missing special needs woman
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- Neighbors help residents escape Trenton fire 39 min ago
- 2 NJ men sentenced for bogus 9/11 charity
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons 54 min ago
- Officers drive into hail of gunfire in N. Phila.
- Woman's body found between parked cars in West Philadelphia
- Doors smashed in 2 Prices Corner store burglaries
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Police identify mystery hit-and-run victim
1 min ago