Police: Father, son killed in central NJ crash
MIDDLETOWN, N.J. (AP) - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a father and his young son were killed in a two-vehicle crash in central New Jersey that also left the man's daughter and two other people injured.
Monmouth County prosecutors say a sport utility vehicle and a car collided around 10 a.m. Sunday in Holmdel Township. Thirty-eight-year-old George DiCostanzo of Middletown, who was driving the car, and his 6-year-old son, Christopher, were both killed in the crash.
Three other people - DiCostanzo's 4-year-old daughter, Pearl; the SUV's driver, 44-year-old John McCormack, and his 38-year-old passenger, Stephanie Pavlicek, both of Middletown - were all hospitalized with injuries that are not considered life-threatening. But further details were not disclosed.
The cause of the accident remained under investigation Sunday night.
new jersey, monmouth county, accident, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos