Police: Man assaults 88-year-old mother
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a 55-year-old man who allegedly beat up his 88-year-old mother overnight in West Philadelphia.
The incident was reported around 2:30 a.m. in the 600 block of North 54th Street.
Police say the man struck his mother in the head.
She is listed in stable condition with a laceration to her head.
The man fled on foot and remains at large.
philadelphia, beating, west philadelphia, local/state
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Lots of sun, chilly today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp. 32 min ago
- Driver loses control, hits parked SUV in South Philly
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor 11 min ago
- Man charged with hoax near marathon finish line
- Bucks Co. runner set to return to Boston Marathon
- Woman delivers baby after church van crash
- 20-month-old found safe, Amber Alert canceled
- Chaka Fattah Jr. files $10 million federal lawsuit
- Police: Pa. man tries to snatch baby from stroller
- Video: Boy gets stuck in claw arcade game 27 min ago
- High winds bring damage to Abington Twp.
32 min ago
- Flames spread through house in Egg Harbor
11 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos