Police: Man assaults 88-year-old mother
WEST PHILADELPHIA - September 30, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are searching for a 55-year-old man who allegedly beat up his 88-year-old mother overnight in West Philadelphia.
The incident was reported around 2:30 a.m. in the 600 block of North 54th Street.
Police say the man struck his mother in the head.
She is listed in stable condition with a laceration to her head.
The man fled on foot and remains at large.
philadelphia, beating, west philadelphia, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game