Truck, 2 cars involved in fatal I-95 crash
LAWRENCE TWP., N.J. - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer and two cars were involved in a fatal crash on Monday morning on Interstate 95 in Lawrence Township, New Jersey.
The crash happened at 8:45 a.m. near exit 8 in the northbound lanes of the highway.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed a car in the middle of the roadway that appeared to have been crushed in the accident. It had heavy damage to both the front end and back end.
A tractor trailer was off to the side with damage to the front end, while another car was also stopped with damage to the back end.
Police tell Action News that two people were taken to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton. One, a man who was in one of the cars, died of his injuries.
The condition of the second person, who was also in one of the cars, has not been released.
Only one northbound lane of I-95 was getting by at the scene for most of the morning. All lanes were reported back open as of noon.
new jersey, mercer county, accident, local/state
- DA's office: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 2 min ago
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Several cars vandalized in South Philadelphia 46 min ago
- Police investigate truck accident on Roosevelt Boulevard 27 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish