Truck, 2 cars involved in fatal I-95 crash
LAWRENCE TWP., N.J. - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- A tractor trailer and two cars were involved in a fatal crash on Monday morning on Interstate 95 in Lawrence Township, New Jersey.
The crash happened at 8:45 a.m. near exit 8 in the northbound lanes of the highway.
The view from Chopper 6 HD showed a car in the middle of the roadway that appeared to have been crushed in the accident. It had heavy damage to both the front end and back end.
A tractor trailer was off to the side with damage to the front end, while another car was also stopped with damage to the back end.
Police tell Action News that two people were taken to Capital Health Regional Medical Center in Trenton. One, a man who was in one of the cars, died of his injuries.
The condition of the second person, who was also in one of the cars, has not been released.
Only one northbound lane of I-95 was getting by at the scene for most of the morning. All lanes were reported back open as of noon.
new jersey, mercer county, accident, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
- 70s Return This Week
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Camden teen reported missing
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!