$2M Powerball ticket sold in Montgomery County, Pa.
MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Lottery says a Powerball ticket worth $2 million was sold at a convenience store in Rockledge Borough, Montgomery County.
The ticket matched all five white balls in the Saturday night's Powerball drawing, but not the red Powerball. The winning numbers were 14-18-28-29-57. The Powerball number was 08.
The ticket was sold at the Sunoco A-Plus Mini Market in the 800 block of Huntingdon Pike. The owner of the store will get a $10,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
Lottery officials say the ticket was purchased with Power Play, which earns a $2 million second-tier prize, minus a 25-percent federal withholding tax.
The winner has not yet come forward.
According to lottery rules, the winner has one year from the drawing date to claim the prize.
In a statement, the Lottery encouraged "the holder of the winning ticket to sign the back of the ticket, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County, or at any of Lottery's seven area offices."
The Powerball jackpot now stands at $50 million for the drawing on Wednesday October 3.
Powerball drawings can be seen on 6abc every Wednesday and Saturday night during Action News at 11.
pennsylvania, lottery, powerball, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado 48 min ago
- Soupy Situation
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire 20 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Cherry Hill East student injured in crash
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure
- Conn. commuter rail service to resume Wednesday
- Nurse viciously attacked outside Cooper Hospital
- Bucks County bear now spotted in Bristol Twp.
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr 43 min ago
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
48 min ago