$2M Powerball ticket sold in Montgomery County, Pa.
MIDDLETOWN, Pa. - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Pennsylvania Lottery says a Powerball ticket worth $2 million was sold at a convenience store in Rockledge Borough, Montgomery County.
The ticket matched all five white balls in the Saturday night's Powerball drawing, but not the red Powerball. The winning numbers were 14-18-28-29-57. The Powerball number was 08.
The ticket was sold at the Sunoco A-Plus Mini Market in the 800 block of Huntingdon Pike. The owner of the store will get a $10,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
Lottery officials say the ticket was purchased with Power Play, which earns a $2 million second-tier prize, minus a 25-percent federal withholding tax.
The winner has not yet come forward.
According to lottery rules, the winner has one year from the drawing date to claim the prize.
In a statement, the Lottery encouraged "the holder of the winning ticket to sign the back of the ticket, call the Lottery at 717-702-8146 and file a claim at Lottery headquarters in Middletown, Dauphin County, or at any of Lottery's seven area offices."
The Powerball jackpot now stands at $50 million for the drawing on Wednesday October 3.
Powerball drawings can be seen on 6abc every Wednesday and Saturday night during Action News at 11.
pennsylvania, lottery, powerball, local/state
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- Slightly Cooler Sunday 58 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Deadly hit and run suspect van caught on camera 4 min ago
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Fairy Godmothers make prom dreams come true
31 min ago
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
58 min ago