3 homicides in 3 hours in Phila.; victims ID'd
PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police are investigating three homicides that occurred in a three hour time span on Monday.
The initial incident happened just before 4:00 p.m. in the 1700 block of North Hollywood Street in the Strawberry Mansion section.
Police say 19-year-old Donald Wesley, from the 2500 block of North 34th St., was shot twice in the chest while in a vehicle.
He was taken to Temple University Hospital where he died about a half-hour later.
At around 5:00 p.m. police and medics responded to a shooting at 25th and Ingersoll streets in North Philadelphia.
When they arrived they found 50-year-old Kenneth Butts, from the 1200 block of North 25th St., suffering from a gunshot wound to the mouth.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police were then called around 7:00 p.m. to the report of a shooting at 23rd and Stewart streets.
Authorities say 19-year-old Stewart Jackson, from the 2500 block of North 34th St., was shot in his back.
He was transported to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No arrests have been made in any of these homicides.
philadelphia, strawberry mansion, shooting, north philadelphia, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings