Westtown, East Goshen disbanding police force
WESTTOWN TWP., Pa. - October 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Westtown and East Goshen townships are disbanding their police force.
The decision was announced tonight during the Westtown Board of supervisors meeting
In a statement, a spokesman for the Westtown-East Goshen Police Association called the move "reckless, irresponsible madness."
The police union says it has offered hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings, but both townships say it is not enough for the department to survive financially.
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild! 35 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected 32 min ago
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 9 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Breezy And Mild!
35 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos