Pa. police: Suspect tried to eat marijuana plant
SCRANTON, Pa. - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Perhaps it was a case of the munchies.
Police in northeastern Pennsylvania say an alleged pot dealer tried to destroy evidence by eating a marijuana plant.
The Times-Tribune reports that 33-year-old Jeremiah Carmody faces several drug-related charges following events on Monday in Scranton.
Police say Carmody tried to eat the plant after authorities went to his house to serve a warrant.
Authorities ended up seizing the remains of the plant, four pounds of marijuana, digital scales, $2,600 in cash and drug paraphernalia.
Carmody was in Lackawanna County Prison awaiting arraignment Monday night. It was not immediately clear early Tuesday if he had a lawyer.
Information from: The Times-Tribune, http://thetimes-tribune.com/
pennsylvania, marijuana, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Man shot by off-duty cop during fight ID'd
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Police investigate 2 shootings at illegal Trenton bar
- Man arrested after Phila. police crash, chase ID'd 34 min ago
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery 37 min ago
- Photos: Pictures from the 2014 Red Ball