PGW investigating gas odor at City Ave coffee shop
WYNNEFIELD - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Employees at a popular Philadelphia coffee shop smelled natural gas when they arrived for work this morning.
The fire department was called around 6:30 a.m. to the Starbucks location at City Avenue and Monument Avenue in the Wynnefield section of Philadelphia.
Employees opening up this morning smelled natural gas and promptly notified authorities.
PGW crews were called in to search for any possible leaks and make repairs.
The store delayed its opening this morning while the investigation continues.
starbucks, wynnefield, gas leak, philadelphia, local/state
- Man critically injured in Willingboro hit, run
- Tracking St. Patty's Day Snow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Elderly woman crashes into Toms River law ofc.
- Bucks County man stabbed to death in Bahamas
- Delaware Co. mother seeks help finding son's killer
- Minn. man pulls police officer from burning car
- Delaware man charged with 12th DUI
- Del. trooper charged with stalking, harassment
- Community relief for victims of Ewing Twp. explosion
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies