Fire at Del. apartment building ruled arson
MILL CREEK, Del. - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Investigators say the fire at a Delaware apartment building has been ruled arson.
The fire broke out before 10:00 a.m. Tuesday at the Red Clay Creek Apartments in the 2100 block of Grafton Drive in Mill Creek.
Crews arrived to find fire and heavy smoke pouring from the two-story, garden-style apartment building.
A second alarm was struck at 10:14 a.m. before firefighters were able to get the upper hand.
No injuries were reported. However, the flames caused $200,000 in damage.
Five people have been put out of their homes.
Officials say this is the second arson at the complex in less than one month.
delaware, fire, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 3 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains 34 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 20 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak 27 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare 35 min ago
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Video: Pastor collapses, dies, after admitting...
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
3 min ago