Phila. police sergeant charged with DUI
PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police sergeant has been charged with DUI after a crash early Monday morning.
Sergeant Chanta Herder, 42, is a 14 year veteran of the department and assigned to the 19th District.
Investigators say Herder was arrested at 2:03 a.m. after the crash on the 7900 block of Verree Road.
Authorities say Herder was impaired at the scene and was taken to the Police Detention Unit for a breathalyzer test.
Police say she was then found to be over the limit.
Herder will be assigned to administrative duty pending outcome of the investigation.
philadelphia, police, DUI, local/state
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill 41 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- 1 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- ID theft warrant leads to pot bust in Hamilton Twp.
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Gun falls out of sock, kills thrift store worker
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
41 min ago