Phila. police sergeant charged with DUI
PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Philadelphia police sergeant has been charged with DUI after a crash early Monday morning.
Sergeant Chanta Herder, 42, is a 14 year veteran of the department and assigned to the 19th District.
Investigators say Herder was arrested at 2:03 a.m. after the crash on the 7900 block of Verree Road.
Authorities say Herder was impaired at the scene and was taken to the Police Detention Unit for a breathalyzer test.
Police say she was then found to be over the limit.
Herder will be assigned to administrative duty pending outcome of the investigation.
philadelphia, police, DUI, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 22 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly 5 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 44 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
36 min ago
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
22 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West...
5 min ago