Grand jury indicts Burlco woman, 77, for husband's murder
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Burlington County grand jury has formally indicted a 77-year-old woman for shooting and killing her 79-year-old husband.
The grand jury charged Fredricka Rosa of Margaret Street in Pemberton Township with one count of first degree murder and a weapons offense.
Prosecutors say Fredricka shot her husband, Valpa C. Rosa, Sr., in the head and neck using a .357 magnum revolver back in July.
Police were called to the couple's Browns Mills home on July 21st by one of the couple's children who lives out of state, but went to the house after receiving a call from Fredricka.
Fredricka Rosa is free on $150,000 bail. Prosecutors say an arraignment on the grand jury charges will be scheduled soon.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Suspects sought in carjacking, abduction 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Tracking a Wintry Weekend
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Pedestrian struck, killed on Broad Street 41 min ago
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill performance 1 min ago
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist 5 min ago
- Cab driver shot outside Hunting Park nightclub
- Man critically injured in Camden County crash
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- 2nd suspect surrenders in Christmas package theft
- Temple University cuts 7 intercollegiate sports
- Pearl Harbor ceremonies marks bombing anniversary
- More of US expected to see snow, sleet, ice
- 4 shot outside Del. club after Meek Mill...
1 min ago