Grand jury indicts Burlco woman, 77, for husband's murder
MOUNT HOLLY, N.J. - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Burlington County grand jury has formally indicted a 77-year-old woman for shooting and killing her 79-year-old husband.
The grand jury charged Fredricka Rosa of Margaret Street in Pemberton Township with one count of first degree murder and a weapons offense.
Prosecutors say Fredricka shot her husband, Valpa C. Rosa, Sr., in the head and neck using a .357 magnum revolver back in July.
Police were called to the couple's Browns Mills home on July 21st by one of the couple's children who lives out of state, but went to the house after receiving a call from Fredricka.
Fredricka Rosa is free on $150,000 bail. Prosecutors say an arraignment on the grand jury charges will be scheduled soon.
new jersey, burlington county, homicide, shooting, local/state
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd 44 min ago
- Easter Sunshine Sunday 48 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire 7 min ago
- Stabbing at Hamilton Mall in Mays Landing
- Woman's body found in Berks County
- It's a boy - again for Jamie Apody! 36 min ago
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- NJ woman: Dog and TV stolen on 1st date
- Prescription drug ring busted at Aria-Torresdale Hospital
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- No cause yet in 7-alarm Sea Isle City fire
7 min ago