Police shoot armed suspect in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police shot an armed man in South Philadelphia Tuesday night.
Officers were responding to reports of gunshots at 23rd and Mifflin streets around 5:00 p.m. when they spotted the suspect.
Officers say the man pointed his weapon at them and refused to put the gun down, so they opened fire.
The suspect was being treated at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for non-life-threatening injuries.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- 1 dead, multiple in custody after Logan standoff
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 3 hit by car inside Famous Footwear in Chesco 36 min ago
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death
- Cat found hanging from fence in Germantown 15 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia 15 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- New joint replacement technique for the elbow 30 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Philly's unsolved missing child cases