Police shoot armed suspect in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELPHIA - October 2, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police shot an armed man in South Philadelphia Tuesday night.
Officers were responding to reports of gunshots at 23rd and Mifflin streets around 5:00 p.m. when they spotted the suspect.
Officers say the man pointed his weapon at them and refused to put the gun down, so they opened fire.
The suspect was being treated at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania for non-life-threatening injuries.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos